In an effort to do this more effectively, I spent some time thinking about how I had my weekly assignments posted for my learners. While I was providing them with multiple texts each week, most were complementary and I was not sharing them in a way that allowed easy differentiation for me when I looked at them.
Nearly halfway through Term 2, I decided to be more diligent with how I displayed texts to my students. This was also made easier by thinking about and then filling out our cluster wide Multi-Text Database each week after I completed my lesson plan.
By using 4 coloured boxes to display the reading texts instead of only two, I am now able to clearly see what I am lacking in my planning. The students work on reading the assignments from left to right and while their follow up tasks might be directly in response to the main text, often the follow up task created by using aspects of information found across all the texts.