First, I spent some time watching the video and writing a transcript of the material presented. I quickly realised that the video was too long to use for one session, and I decided to split it into two parts hoping that my students would be able to understand all four elements by the end of the second session.
As a class, we watched the video. Then, after discussing what they learnt (or heard about) with a partner, we had a class discussion sharing what our partners learnt. Students were asked to repeat or rephrase what they heard the student sharing with the class. As students were sharing, I was creating a topic web on a large piece of poster paper for the students to refer to.
Overall, I was extremely impressed with the level of vocabulary my students were able to pick up from this activity. Students were then asked to create a Google Drawing illustrating what we learnt (using the notes I made on the poster).
I am excited to do it once again next week with the remainder of the video. For the first time going through this process, my students did relatively well. We still need to go over turning my notes into their own sentences, but we will get there...together.