Tuesday 23 July 2019

6 Month Academic Results

Using either the Blue PM+ kit (up to Level 22) or the Probe test. I was very impressed with the results of the majority of the students in my classIt was great to see that three students in my focus group had accelerated growth, two had expected growth and I was able to pinpoint some learning points to focus on specifically with the two students who did not make any progress.



**Note: The results on this graph are from Running Records (Blue PM+ and PROBE)

Our class also grew by new two students working at this level during Term 2 and those two students were not tested again since they had just arrived at PES a few weeks prior.During the Term 2, we spent some time conducting Running Record tests for our Reading students using either the Blue PM+ kit (up to Level 22) or the Probe test. I was very impressed with the results of the majority of the students in my class.

It was great to see that in less than 6 months time, Students B (1.5 years), E,(1 year) and G (1.5 years) in my focus group had accelerated growth, Students A and C expected growth (6 months) and I was able to pinpoint some learning points to focus on specifically with Students D and F who did not make any progress. In order to move forward, I am going to work specifically with these two students to improve their ability to emphasise with others, especially with characters from their texts.  It is my hope, that by providing many opportunities to discuss a character's feelings and infer why they are feeling a certain way will enable all the students, but primarily Students D and F to make that expected growth next term.

Our class also grew by new two students working at this level during Term 2 and those two students were not tested again since they had just arrived at PES a few weeks prior.

It is my intention to work with the 4 students who have yet to make progress and test them again before the end of Term 3.  Hopefully, this testing will allow me to focus their learning more specifically to their individual needs.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Angela, Your graph is a very effective way of showing the reading progress of your focus group. I've sent you an email with a few commments. Ngā mihi, Hana

    ReplyDelete