Monday 23 September 2019

Term 3 Data Shifts

Once again, the end of the term is upon us and I set out to test my Focus group of children using the PROBE reading test.  However, as I began testing other students in my class quickly became interested and asked to be tested as well.  Before I knew it, I was using nearly all of my classroom release time to test my reading students. I am so pleased to know that nearly every student in my class has made 6 months progress during this term (this will be discussed in detail further down in the post).

The above data is based on Running Record tests conducted using the PROBE test. 
The above graph illustrates the shift of my focus group throughout the year so far. Students A, B, E, G and I all went up an additional 0.5 years this term, while Students C, D, and F went up 1.0 years this term.  It is also important to note that Student H has relocated and is no longer a student at our school.

It was my intention to work primarily with the learning needs indicated from the Term 2 testing data of students D and F this term in an effort to see accelerated growth from them by the end of this term.  I am so please to see that both of these students have made a year progress this term.  Student I has also made 0.5 years progress during the term since arriving at our school.

During the upcoming term, we will be focusing on reading plays as part of our Inquiry topic. However, I would really like to give my class some opportunities to read and discuss longer texts.  I hope to have them read at least one chapter book next term.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Angela,
    These results are outstanding. It is clear you have put a lot of thought into the learners and their specific needs. How did the learners react to the results of their testing? Did you find any gaps or needs? If so how do you feel reading plays and longer texts might help address these?

    I look forward to hearing more about your inquiry as we move into term 4. Thanks for all you share Clarelle.

    ReplyDelete