For the next nine weeks, I have the opportunity to be part of the Cohort #2 of the 2019 Manaiakalani Digital Fluency Intensive. I am very excited to begin this journey, and I am looking forward to discovering some new tools to be used with my students and in my planning.
This week, we spent time focusing on Google Drive and Google docs. It was a great opportunity to refresh my thinking around these two elements of Google suite.
A few take aways that I have are:
- When copy and pasting, it is important to press Ctrl+Shift+V and not simply use Ctrl+V.
- When on a doc (or in a folder) that you want to add into your own drive do not make a copy. Press Shift+Z
- Use the "Assign" tool when adding comments for students to create questions about a text for other students (those they have assigned) to answer. I am really excited to use this with my students.
- When working with a group (ie parents, school club, or group of teachers) create a Google Group to use as a platform for sharing and discussing information.
- I am very diligent when organising my own Google Drive but do I offer opportunities for my students to clean up their Drives on a regular basis?
- We also explored a few new Chrome Extensions that I am excited to try in my classroom. Watch this space to see which I decide to use and how it goes with my students.