Thursday 30 April 2020

Rethinking Lockdown Maths

 One of the things that I have been focusing on during the lockdown, is how to best adapt my teaching practise in order to provide the most effective learning for my students. This week, one of the things that I decided to do was to find online interactive geometric tools for my students to use to help create plans and nets while building isometric buildings.


Knowing that I would not have all of my students in attendance when I held the Google Meet introducing the task, I decided it would be best to create a video for them to watch explaining and demonstrating the concepts behind using isometric dot paper. This way, all students would have the opportunity to fully understand the task and how to use the digital tool.

This was highly effective with the students who attended the Meet because they were able to hear in person how to use the tool properly and they were able to go back and watch the video while they were working to help them to troubleshoot any problems they were having. Some students who did not attend the scheduled Meet were able to remain on the pathway to success because they were able to watch the video and complete their work without any problems. 

No comments:

Post a Comment