Wednesday 26 August 2020

Blogger Badges

 I am so blessed to work in a Manaiakalani school, where we often hold cluster-wide Toolkits (Professional Development opportunities) that allow us to learn about various tools and resources that others have found beneficial when teaching with our Learn, Create, Share pedagogy. Since our cluster has started supporting "outreach" clusters over the years, we now have Online Toolkits available throughout the school year. 

Since we are all teaching from home right now (Auckland is at Level 3), our team leader suggested that we all sign up for a different Toolkit this week to share the learnings with our team. The Toolkit I signed up for is Creating Digital Badges for Blogger. I have wanted to do this for some time now, and this toolkit was the push I needed to start creating badges for my students.

I recently noticed that I have a student in my home class who has exceeded 200 blog posts this year alone (nearly 100 more than the majority of her peers). As a way to continue to push her further, and get other students to rise to the challenge for the remainder of the school year, I created a 250 Blog Posts badge.

The process was very simple once I got going, and I am happy to share what I have learnt if you are interested! Just comment below and I will happily get in contact with you.


2 comments:

  1. Good on your Team Leader! Wise use of the lockdown to continue PL.
    I love the way you are thinking about and acknowledging the commitment of your young people to sharing their learning on their blogs. Wouldn't it be great to have a school set of badges! Maybe a special ' I blogged through COVID-19' edition too. Maybe Manaiakalani should work on this. Thanks for the challenge Angela.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dorothy! I had the same thought about awarding the kids who have been working so hard from home.

      Delete