How can we extend prior knowledge and critical thinking in an effort to promote dialogic conversations in year 4 students who are reading at/above grade level?
- Students are not equipped with how to further explore a topic of interest from their text.
- Students need to be taught how to manage their time appropriately in order to complete learning tasks.
- Teachers are not definite on when to shift the focus of learning from decoding to reading for content and formulating deeper understanding from exposure to multimodal texts.
- Teachers are afraid of the time commitment needed in order the plan for extended reading lessons that go deeper for understanding.
- Teachers are unsure where to look for age appropriate reading material.
- Student PAT and STAR results-Nov 2016
- Student PAT and STAR results-Feb 2017
- Running Records-Nov 2016
- 2016 Teacher OTJ-Reading
- Reading previous student Blog posts
- In class micro group discussions