Tuesday 13 June 2017

Taking a Look at My Literacy Learners in Term 2

Taking a look into my literacy students have revealed so many interesting things about my students that I would never have known otherwise.

First of all, I was surprised to see how many of my students enjoy reading "Chapter" books (novels) more than other forms of literature as demonstrated in the response graph below.  After completing this survey, I have also decided to locate some comics/graphic novels for my students to read at different points during the year.



When the students were asked if they enjoyed reading the selected texts for their literacy class, I was happily surprised to learn that the majority of the class enjoys reading the texts I have selected for them.


One of the things that I have come to realise that I do not openly do enough is provide my students with opportunities to select their own texts (with the exception of our silent reading novels).   However, I understand that there are times that they may be Googling a topic to find out more information while reading or completing a learning task.  Therefore, I am going to looking at  implementing a way for students to log any additional articles/websites they may look at on their own while completing a learning task.


No comments:

Post a Comment